Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Everyday Life
I had fun taking the pictures and playing around in Microsoft Digital Image Suite, but I have come to the conclusion that I am not a "Day in the Life" kind of scrapper. I love planning events and I love planning them as an escape from this everyday life we live. Sometimes the day to day stuff is just plain boring ( at least to me ), so I look forward to the special events in my life. Now that may be a second service at church, a trip to the scrapbook store, my daughters birthday lunch or a friends wedding. I just know that when I open up my albums I want to see my latest Disney trip, a weekend getaway with some girlfriends, my son blowing 22 candles out on his cake, or my daughters surprise face when we redecorated her room "While She Was Out". I say scrapbook the way that works for you and be happy with the memories you create. In otherwords I'll continue to enjoy viewing the life of other's everyday life and hopefully you won't mind the fact that my pages won't be filled with .....dirty laundry, dishes that need to be put away, a vacuum canister that needs to be emptied, an unmade bed that was left behind so that I could spend the morning watching my daughter "create" a binder using some of my favorite scrapbook paper, the iron left on the ironing board by my husband who was in a hurry to get to work because he spent the morning talking with me over coffee, the cans of soup waiting to go in the pantry because I stopped to talk to a friend on the phone, or the curlers still in the box that should be in my head for the meeting ( that I forgot about ) because my son came downstairs to give me a brownie ( my one non-salt indulgence ) just because he knew I crave them. Come to think about it, maybe I am a everyday kind of girl. Funny how when we stop and really take a look around we notice special moments that we would never have thought about as being special if we hadn't taken the time to "Treasure" the moment.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

cyndi..love that collage of photos!
i want to do something like that!

CyndiAKADisneyqueen said...

V, it took a minute, but I kept playing around with the pictures until they fit. The pre-made templates never work for me.

Cheryl Wray said...

LOVE that picture of all the little things. Great idea!!!
BTW--your blog music just ROCKS! Makes me do a little jig and lift my hands up when I get on here!